Monday, January 14, 2013

Change of Pace

 
After Gia was born I was able to stay home on maternity leave for 10 weeks.  And Oh how I loved every minute of it.  It was happy valentines to me as I waltzed back into work at the Y.  I missed those kids who I had had in my program every school year & summer for 4 and 5 years.  But the business aspect & upper management part was not missed once!  I survived heading back to work knowing that my girl was spending her mornings being loved on by Papa, Nana & Uncle Joey and the afternoons with Uncle Noah & Nana.  Kevin was home by 4:15 everyday so the evenings were daddy-daughter bonding time.  While everything was going just fine, Mama wasn't okay.  Early mornings & Late nights at work had mama in need of a change.  By mid March many dinner conversations were focused on "how can we make this work?"  And the answer...Home Daycare.  So we began the journey to licensed to home daycare.  Having grown up with my mom doing daycare it wasn't something I had ever thought I would do BUT after much prayer and consideration my heart knew it was the right thing to do.  I finished the school year and ended my 10.5 year Y career on the last day of summer camp.  It was a bittersweet day.  The next day we woke up early and headed to Myrtle Beach for a week.  Then 2 weeks later I started back to work at HOME!  I first started watching an 8 week old baby on Thursdays & Fridays.  Then a month later I added to the mix my best friends 2 kids every afternoon. Then the following month added another friend on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays.  We have been very blessed with this opportunity and thankful that the Lord continues to show us he will provide during our times of need as we must trust him!

No comments:

Post a Comment