Monday, January 21, 2013

An Extra Day

Kevin & I were both off work today which meant we had an extra day added to our weekend!  We did lots of things yet felt so relaxed and nice to enjoy time just the 3 of us. 

Friday evening started off with a last minute date night.  By last minute I mean at 3 Kevin sent me a text asking if I wanted to go out to dinner just the 2 of us.  I quickly asked my Mom if they were free that evening for some company and to my surprise they were.  So operation make it all happen in an hour was in progress with 2 little ones along for the fun...diaper bag packed, dinner for G, wash hair, make up on, change clothes, blow dry/style hair, change a few diapers & entertain some cuties!  Kev & I headed to Hibachi for dinner and then did a little shopping afterwards. 

Saturday morning I was blessed with some extra sleep from my wonderful husband.  Rolling over and realizing its 10:30 was delightful and then to top if off I walked downstairs to breakfast from our favorite bagel shop!  During the afternoon we headed to the outlets. 

Sunday was the usual ...church, lunch and football.  Bonus one of Kevin's friends came over to watch the 49ers game.  Then my parents came over for the first half of the Ravens game. 

Extra Day Monday...grocery shopping in the morning and then the rest of the day was spent at home laughing and having fun with our perfect little family.  I even had time to re-arrange the family room, our bedroom and put LOTs of loads of folded laundry away finally !

And now the evening is winding down with The Biggest Loser, wonderful smell of a yankee candle and my gorgeous hubby sharing the couch with me :)
Here's to the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment